View Single Post
Old July 6, 2002, 05:03 PM   #12
Ron L

I've introduced my kids to the Hoppes memories as well. They're young, but I have no doubt that they realize how important it is. For me, it's not just the cleaning of the tools (and admiring their craftsmanship or utility), it's the time to slow down after a day in the field. The sounds of shots still echo through your mind and regardless of how you actually shot, you had a good day. It's the memories and comaraderie, of finally relaxing after having put in a hard day's work at pushing game so your son can bag his first deer. It's sitting in deer camp after a cold day in the blind with the smell of fresh coffee intermingling with the scent of Hoppes. It's teaching your kids that after the fun, there's still responsibilities. Most importantly, it's the ideal that a family can have something so important to our rights and freedom to share.

Dave, thanks for the memories.

Detroit Area Chapter
Terre-Haute Torque & Recoil Society
"If it rolls, floats, or shoots, runs on gunpowder or gasoline, goes fast, shoots a big bullet, or makes lots of noise thus producing torque and recoil - it's cool."

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries