View Single Post
Old June 14, 2010, 08:10 PM   #19
Bubsy

Antipitas,

From the research I've done you are correct in saying that law enforcement will have to purchase micro stamped weapons under the new law. In the meantime, the gang members that I work with (search my other posts) who I've spoken to will continue to own non micro stamped guns, guns with micro stamping (easily) defeated, and, of course revolvers. I'm sure most hard core criminals will do the same.

S6005 is just plain stupid. One supporter I spoke with was under the impression that the micro stamping related to the shell itself, not the casing. He told me that he felt it was a good idea because it could identify bullets that were fired by law enforcement officers. I pointed out to him, that the stamp was on the shell "casing" not on the shell so the actual bullet wouldn't be identifiable. But, as far as I know, the NYPD already marks their ammo with a distinctive marking (I wont give the specifics here) that lets those at crime scenes know which casings came from NYPD weapons. I'm not sure if other municipalities in NY State do the same.

S6005 is a ridiculous law. I wrote to my state senator but he hasn't responded (wow... what a surprise!)

bubsy

Page generated in 0.02171 seconds with 8 queries