View Single Post
Old June 21, 2012, 01:37 AM   #5
jimpeel

That is as close as one could get. The pattern is the same except the cylinder on this one is a swing out while the one I saw was a gate loader.

The cylinder pivot pin was pinned in place and was hollow. I assume that the ejector rod went into the center for storage but that is pure speculation on my part.

When I first saw this picture I was elated but as I read the linked thread I began to dissect the picture and the descriptions given. Why would a Rohm have a "B" on the "ivory" grips?

Also, the posts at the thread indicated that the Rohm has "Germany" or other marks or origin on it whereas this firearm has no markings other than those I referenced. It does not even have the caliber noted.

One thing I forgot to add to the description was that there was a large screw ~3/16-1/4" at the bottom of the grip forward of center. I had told the guy it might be for the mainspring but again that was pure speculation. Taking off the grips was out of the question as they are in perfect condition and I wouldn't have wanted to crack them putting them back on.

Hopefully, he will come back in and let me know if he has found out anything about it. I told him to go to a local pawn and gun shop that likely gets a lot of antiques through there.

If he does come back in, I will be sure to get photos from every angle.

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey

Last edited by jimpeel; June 21, 2012 at 01:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.02420 seconds with 8 queries