Thread: gun oil
View Single Post
Old August 17, 2010, 04:33 PM   #51
seed

Just saw a thread here that Fennell is having a 20% off August sale for his Weapons Shield and other metal protection products. Phenomenal stuff and worth trying if you haven't yet. I think his site is Steelshieldtech.com.

I know everyone has an opinion about lubes and protectants. Well, if you do the research you will see how good this stuff is. I came across its predecessor many years ago when Fennell was selling FP-10 (an older formulation which is vastly superior to the crap being sold as FP-10 these days...Fennell is no longer associated with the making of FP-10). I bought a ton of it and it is awesome. Well, after a falling out with his company he moved on to making Weapons Shield under a different company umbrella. And he says it is even better than the original formulation FP-10. I believe him. He knows his stuff and if you are bored, you might want to check out the ancient threads here on TFL about lubes. They were highly educational and even entertaining as the chalatans got systematically destroyed with lessons in tribology. It was these threads (which were old when I read them way back then) that got me to sign up with TFL. And they of course got me to try the original Fennell formulation. No more Break-Free for me. And no need to try anything else.

I should mention that my research extended elsewhere (internet) and the results were the same. The old formulation FP-10 always blew away everything else when it came to lubricity. And when I did my own corrosion resistence tests, old FP-10 was right up there with Eezox and Corrosion X -- as long as it was still on the surface...I can't speak to its adherence to surfaces upon being wiped away as I honestly did not test for that.

Remember that that was the OLD FP-10...not the new junk. Now, in its stead is Weapons Shield which is supposed to be even better. I have so much of the old FP-10 that I can't bring myself to get the new and improved Weapons Shield. But with this sale, I may.

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries