View Single Post
Old October 21, 2007, 11:32 PM   #5
johnm1

Security Six - Cylinder Hand

Jim - It looks like the cylinder stop is the culprit. The funny thing is that it appears to affect only 2 cylinders Maybe that is just the way it happened today and may mean nothing. I can see that when the bind occurs that the cylinder stop has not started to move out of the notch it is in. Observation of the cylinder stop when not in a bind shows the cylinder stop immediately withdrawing from the notch.

Unclenick - The trigger/cylinder stop is similar but not the same between the BH and the SS. The BH stop has a pivot located on the trigger assembly while the SS it is actually a loose piece held in place by a plunger/spring assembly on the end of the crane. Can't be sure but I don't think the SS stop is supposed to withdraw down to the frame.

Either way, it will go back to Ruger if you can help me understand the following:

If you've had a trigger job, it will come back from the factory undone and returned to factory trigger standards for liability reasons. In that case you need to pay a gunsmith or figure it out for yourself.

All of my parts are original and none of the springs have been cut but there have been some parts polished/smoothed over the years. Does this mean Ruger will just return it un-repaired? I'm not looking for a warranty repair for this issue. Heck the gun is 25 years old and I'll pay to have it done correctly. I was thinking of having it re-blued anyhow and I would just assume Ruger do that as well.

Page generated in 0.02967 seconds with 8 queries