View Single Post
Old December 5, 2009, 01:48 PM   #146
Powderman

And this post hits at the heart of the problem.

Why on earth do we have to duck and go through all kinds of twists and turns to exercise a right? Why?

It seems that the answer is that we haven't gotten mad enough yet. We, as a nation, are like the frog in the pot of slowly heating water. We aren't at the tepid stage--far from it! We are in the rolling boil, and we don't seem to care about it.

How did we get here? Simple. Look at the last election.

"I'll never vote for Palin."
"I hope Obama gets elected."
"Maybe this will be a wake-up call."
"I'm not voting this year."
"I'm going to vote for_____."

The Obama crowd didn't even have to fight to defeat us. We whacked ourselves in the head quite nicely, thank you very much. And still, it was a very close thing.

We haven't gotten mad enough yet to seriously ask questions like, "Why do I have to jump through these hoops? Why do I have to twist and turn and go into convulsions to own a fully automatic firearm?"

"Why does one inch of barrel even make a difference?"

We as a Nation have just sat by and let it happen. We have the most powerful weapon imaginable--the VOTE--and we waste it, squander it away on candidates who don't have a chance of winning, withhold it.

And we get what we deserve. After the election, what happened?

Panic buying. Primer and powder shortages.

A general air of defeat.

Elected officials giving voice to ideas that are the stuff of nightmares--registration schemes, confiscation, submission to UN control, outright bans--all open discussions; things that should not even be spoken of in a free Nation.

And we let it happen.

I see posts on the forums stating: "If you are a true patriot, you won't enforce this law. You'll turn a blind eye to this."

Wrong.

We, as a Nation, have allowed these laws to exist. We, as a Nation, have allowed officials to be elected that will eventually take our rights and strangle our freedoms into subjugation.

And then there is a lot of empty rhetoric about what will happen "if they come to take our guns away".

Why will we let it come to that? Why do we not unite, on a solid front, and come Election Day--starting with the mid terms, coming up next year--and VOTE THESE BUMS OUT OF OFFICE?

Until we DO wake up, let's try to stop having angels dance on the head of a pin.

And just to be safe, have your NFA paperwork with you when you go to the range.

Page generated in 0.03426 seconds with 8 queries