View Single Post
Old February 25, 2011, 10:44 PM   #10
Bill Akins

Doc, you aren't charging a fee to shoot, you simply accept "donations" towards the maintenance of your property for "recreational purposes". Or....you accept "donations" towards a recreational club that ummm....has nothing whatsoever to do with people shooting on the property

Anyone who does not give a voluntary suggested amount "donation" to either the "recreational club" or towards the maintenance of the property for "recreational purposes" might be found to have engaged in unsafe activity and asked to not return . See how that works?

So you aren't charging a "fee" for people to shoot. You are simply accepting "donations" towards the maintenance of the property for recreational purposes...like ummm....camping out in a pup tent . Those "donations" are for maintaining a water well to supply water and a septic tank and bathroom and any other types of things like that. The shooting is simply incidental and ummmm....not the main purpose .

I just went to a shoot this past weekend on someone's private property that had dirt piled up with his dozer, and everyone "donated" $20.00 each to pay for his dozer's diesel fuel expenses and the privilege of them being there to meet with everyone else. That "donation" had nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that everyone there was shooting .

There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.03750 seconds with 8 queries