View Single Post
Old April 29, 2007, 03:04 PM   #5
snuffy

About PMC

The original parent company, a U.S. corporation registered in Delaware, was founded in the late 1970's in New York as Patton Morgan Corporation. It began operations by importing military style small arms ammunition and .22 rimfire ammunition manufactured in South Korea. The ammunition was sold then, as it still is, under the registered brand name "PMC Ammunition", and the original slogan, "Precision Made Cartridges" has never changed.

Several years later, the company moved to Los Angeles, California, and its name was changed to Pan Metal Corporation. In addition to its ammunition business, the company also dealt in other facets of the metals business. Early in the 1980's, the increasingly successful ammunition line was expanded to include hunting (soft point) cartridges in the rifle calibers, and hollow points in the handgun ammunition.

In 1988, factory facilities were purchased near Boulder City, Nevada, for the production of ammunition to supplement the Korean imports, and for the purpose of producing two new lines of high performance cartridges. These were the Starfire handgun ammunition for law enforcement and home and personal defense, and X-Bullet rifle ammunition for big game hunting, which were introduced to the market in late 1991. In 1996, shotgun shells were added to the line.

The factory is operated under the name Eldorado Cartridge Corporation, and is a subsidiary of Pan Metal Corporation.

Today, the company's continuously expanding small arms ammunition product selection includes a full line of centerfire rifle and pistol ammunition, rimfire ammunition, shotgun shells, and reloading components. Recently, a new company known as B.C. Outdoors was incorporated and became a part of the "Eldorado Cartridge Corporation Group of Companies." B.C. Outdoors imports the Verona line of quality superposed shotguns from Italy. The company's stated purpose, like that of Eldorado Cartridge Corporation, is "to provide high quality outdoor products to its customers at a reasonable price."

During its more than two decades of ammunition production and sales, PMC Ammunition has become very well known in the United States and other countries of the world as a source of high quality small arms cartridges. The firm is now considered the fourth largest ammunition company in the United States.

MR22, you may be thinking of UMC, or Union Metalic Corporation, also known as R-P.

I have some Korean made PMC ammo made for M-1 garands, that were in-service for the south Korean military. It's good stuff for blasting ammo, and is reloadable.

Liquor, you should have no trouble loading that 7mag PMC brass. As for how it rates as oposed to the big 3, I only have experience with the 0-6 ammo, and some .223 brass I got from midway. It seems to do as well as anything else I load.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02231 seconds with 8 queries