View Single Post
Old July 28, 2013, 12:24 PM   #38
Seaman

"Youse guys ever rotate your every day carry (edc) handguns? " [FM12]

Yes, every day, common denominator is at least 1 revolver in the mix, and its the go-to gun.

"What criteria do you use if any?" [FM12]

One criterion. The carry guns should all be capable of 1" groups or better (at 7 yards/21 feet).

"So why not rotate them, say the Steyr-Hahn on Mondays (with a couple of spare clips), a Mauser HSc on Tuesdays, the Colt DAA on Wednesday, etc.?"

Ah, the romantic... tempting, but there are enough modern guns built today that are close enough to WW1 era guns to satisfy that need...ie S&W 22-4 or any 1911.

"...Roth-Steyr, at $12 a round." [James K]

BTW, Roth-Steyr 8mm ammo can be made from 30 cal brass (M1 carbine) which reduces costs significantly.

Used to collect WW1 era guns, carried a Walther M4 for a bit. Lots of good carrys from that period, especially 32 ACP, the best 9mm is the Steyr-Hahn, (reliable, not finicky like the Lugers, and can be carried C&L like a 1911) I have one of the Wermacht contract guns chambered in 9mm para, superb shooter, was shooting it this morning, muzzle to muzzle vs a Glock, the Glock surprised me, first time I have shot one this well, just may add a Glock to the carry rotation.

Page generated in 0.02892 seconds with 8 queries