Thread: 8x56r
View Single Post
Old June 5, 2013, 08:16 PM   #25
tahunua001

Quote:
Although my chosen thread title may be a bit extreme, the idea is once the "chopping" begins, by BATF definition, the gun is no longer a Curio & Relic firearm as the title of this forum indicates. therefore modifications of C&R surplus rifles would better fit in The Smithy forum, or Art of the Rifle forum.
this is not relevent here. ATF does not make that definition, the morons that wrote US code 922R/925D made that distinction as a means of keeping as many 'scary rifles' as possible out of peoples hands. a gun does not have to be original condition or military surplus to be considered a C&R. a gun that was sporterized in the 60s is still a C&R peice, just like a winchester 1894 with a flip up sight is still a C&R, regardless of whether it's a bubba gun or not and regardless of what someone has done to a gun in the past. all of the enfied, mauser, springfield, arisaka, carcano, mosin nagant, winchester, krag, remington, and colt experts that like those old guns and intimately know their mechanics hang out here. not in the 'bubba country' forums.

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 8 queries