View Single Post
Old August 29, 2006, 02:11 PM   #22
Hedley

You should see the local outdoor range here in town. It's about 50 yrds off the highway, and the first of three skeet houses start about 100 yrds from HWY290. I've heard reports of traveling cars getting peppered, and I can see why. The covered firing area next to the skeet/trap area is only segregated by a small tree-line, so it gets peppered all the time. There is no range officer and the range is always hot (the old man sets up about 200 target sheets every morning at the 7/20/50/100 yrd berms). And I don't think a casing has been picked up in about 100 years. It wouldn't suprise me if somebody breaks an ankle. Oh, and drinking is permitted only 10 yrds behind the firing line. Seems safe, huh? If it wasn't just $7 to shoot all day, I would file a complaint. I'll take some photos for you guys next time I venture out there. It will either make you laugh or cringe.

Page generated in 0.02921 seconds with 8 queries