View Single Post
Old October 12, 2009, 09:21 PM   #4
dogtown tom

Quote:
cabinetman: I live in New Jersey and purchased an AK-47 and a Colt AR-15 before the ban went into effect.They sat in the box unfired for years and decieded to take them to a gun dealer and sell them.He's been unable to sell them for 4 years now, telling me that my price is to high.I would like to have them back.I'm told because the two guns are register in there federal book.They cannot be returned to me,even though I have the recpiets and the paper work.Is this dealer telling me the truth or does he just want my guns.Can I get my guns back?
You're kidding, right? FOUR YEARS on consignment? That has to be a record.

Have you checked prices for similiar firearms on GunBroker?
How much were you asking for each gun?

In any event, according to ATF:
Quote:
(F15) Must a dealer record firearms received on consignment? [Back]

Yes. Firearms received for sale on consignment must be entered in the dealer's "bound book."

Sales of the firearms are handled in the same manner as other firearm sales. Return of the remaining firearms by the licensee to the consignor is entered in the dealer's disposition record. An ATF Form 4473 and a NICS check must be completed.
If those two rifles cannot be returned to you, then how the heck would anyone else in your state purchase them?

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.03381 seconds with 8 queries