View Single Post
Old September 3, 2007, 07:27 PM   #14
mes228

Man Bag

I have used a "Barbour" bag to carry essentials for some time. It's been adequate but nothing more. Recently I designed a mans shoulder bag that will carry any pistol, two magazines, pepper spray, folding knife in the main compartment. With two flap pockets on the front for emergency kit, first aid kit, and perhaps your check book etc. The bag is only 2" thick with the bellows front pockets to be 1" thick. The bag will have enough "body" to maintain it's shape. That is the great flaw of the "Barbour" I carry now - it's too "floppy" (even though I made a custom foam insert for the above mentioned items). I am having the prototype custom made and should have it in about 3-4 weeks. If it seems viable I'll have an order made and try to market a few. If anyone is interested in pictures, information, etc. just e-mail me off line at [email protected] and I'll send you some when the prototype is delivered. I've tried every type of carry conceivable and for me the shoulder bag is without question the way I want to go. I believe what I'm having made will out class everything I'm aware of. I am thinking about supplying the bag with the Survival tin issued to the British SAS, small First Aid Kit, in one front pocket. And 17% Pepper Spray, and a Benchmade, Cold Steel or other quality folder in the main compartment. If it's not a marketable item I'll just use the prototype for myself. Also it may have a zipper in the flap at the top of the bag for "instant" pistol access (flap comes half way down the front
of the bag and has 2 quick release military buckles). I felt that having to un-buckle the snaps might take too long in an emergency and thus the zipper allowing instant access to the pistol, magazines, knife, Pepper Spray in the main compartment. If this is an improper post I apologize.

Page generated in 0.03352 seconds with 8 queries