View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 07:32 PM   #8
dayman

I carry it in a Raven Concealment Phantom. I prefer the Crossbreed Supertuck, but I'm not sure as they make one for the PPQ yet. They didn't when I fist got the PPQ.
The Phantom's an amazing holster, but it's modular. It's nice because for the woods I can wear it OWB, and for the town I can tuck it, but I prefer the hybrids for a dedicated CCW.

I've never had a problem with love handles getting in the way. It rides up fairly high, and has enough of a forward cant that it's not much of an issue. If you can get to your wallet you can get to a 5:00 holster. If there was an issue you could just bring it forward an inch or so until you find the sweet spot.

The PPQ is a fantastic pistol and I can't recommend it enough. It's technically a little wider at it's widest point than the G19, but because of the over all shape I find it conceals better. The one downside is that - as a new gun - you're more limited on holsters.
It also fits into that niche of "big enough, but not too big". If you're going to have just one gun, I'd say definitely something that size.

EDIT: whatever holster you get, make sure you get a good gun belt. Make sure to get something specifically made for carrying a gun. It makes way more difference than it seems like it would.

Last edited by dayman; February 20, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.03575 seconds with 8 queries