View Single Post
Old April 1, 2007, 01:44 AM   #18
gvf

Good Question

I'll be CCWing soon with a Business Carry, at particular times.

I got the permit due to discomfort I felt due to a few actual situations that had occurred near where I will be carrying. However, I am going to decide after a few months if I will continue to carry based on this: my chances of being attacked are in reality quite slight, likely the same as most who have some occasional danger at some times but are not constantly or usally exposed to violence. Therefore, a large part of the benefits of CCW would be psychological for me and likely many others if you look at statistics, this psychological benefit would be a sense of some potential security in a rare but lethal situation. If I become more unsettled by legal worries, fixating continually on danger, concerns about making a mistake in judgement etc., I'll stop carrying and accept the slight risk I will be attacked, the same as I accept many other slight risks: flying, driving etc.

That's becasuse of my own circumstances, for those exposed to violent crime on a regular basis, the consideration would be different.

Page generated in 0.03116 seconds with 8 queries