View Single Post
Old June 24, 2014, 02:33 PM   #3
Sevens

Tough situation, but I can tell you that it's a bad, bad, BAD idea to ever put a Glock in your pocket. Plaxico Burris is the most obvious example, but I'm sure there are others.

Best thing I suppose your relative could have done given the BAD circumstances are to be extremely apologetic, almost to the point of absurdity. Give in to the irrational behavior of the obvious idiot in the equation, even if it means putting your own ego out of the equation.

Because in the end, it comes down to possibly (likely?) being assaulted, and then finding yourself in the position to maybe have to draw a gun, or shoot a man, or kill a man. None of those are better options than taking the high road and attempting to give in to the ego of the idiot who has caused the confrontation.

Even far worse to bring a handgun in to the situation if the other person isn't brandishing an obvious weapon of some manner. It gets to be far more difficult to prove the justification in the escalation of force. (I am not saying it isn't justified, it just leads to a far greater potential hole of liability for the good guy with the handgun)

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries