View Single Post
Old October 21, 2008, 12:48 PM   #5
Daugherty16

SnapCap dry fire training

Appreciate the feedback - it refines what i'm doing and confirms it. My typical carry is a Beretta 8000, essentially a compact model 92 in 9mm with ambi safety/decocker, IWB, cross-draw.

Keltyke - you're absolutely right - as soon as i sent the post i thought about how we all hope mere presentation could stop the encounter with no shots fired. Maybe 2 drills - presentation with hammer cock and finger off trigger - and a 2nd going through the shot - are better. Good point about the clothing, especially with winter coming.

ChrisP - good points. You fight like you train, so you train like you'll fight; i hadn't thought of re-cocking the hammer as anything but good. Suddenly i can envision breaking my thumb subconsciously trying to get off a 2nd shot the way i practice. Ouch. This is why i asked for perspectives.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.03448 seconds with 8 queries