View Single Post
Old October 9, 2005, 01:27 PM   #8
sm

Lee Lapin Speaks the truth - best to re-read his posts.

Most often seen problem with shotguns - in related to the chamber. Period.

1) Plastic hulls, unlike the paper hulls with wax coating we used to use, will leave a gritty, dirty, sticky chamber if not inpected and maintained as needed.

2) We have shared Thousands of times to clean a new gun and lube properly.

Then get a "sampling" of ammo for intended tasks and pattern / group the gun. One is also finding out what ammo works best for THEIR Gun and intended task. 200 rds for a HD load. Well clay shooters do the same thing - ONE missed bird can cost you a LOT of money.

Some of these new offerings make me sick. The old AA compression formed hulls I bet I have shot a half a million rounds of - is no more. Other mfgs have gone to less quality metal, not the brass of yesteryear.

Q. You know what you have when you get in fired up hurry and ruin the chamber, open up ports too much, shorten bbl too much, or mess with the muzzle?

A. Cheater Bar that used to fit , be legal and worked on a shotgun.

There is a wealth of information on TFL, its sister sites like THR. We have Experienced shotgunners ( other firearm platforms too), Be it LEO, Military, Clay games, Training, Gunsmiths...we have a search function as well.

I pay attention when Lee, Dave Mc, Erik, Denny, Corriea, HSMITH, kudu, Trapper, PJR, dfarriswheel(you gotta Colt revolver? - see Mr. D as well) and a whole host of other folks.

We all suggest Gun Fit, Correct Basic Fundamentals, training/ lessons.
This applies to the gun care, ammo, and shooting aspects.

I am a older returning student, I put off 'puters and the 'Net - currently taking CIS/IT. Younger classmate just a fussing and carrying on about his computer. Software this, Software that.

OSI model is nothing more than how us old folks were raised. Level 1, the Physical Layer is the most often reason something don't work.

I plugged in his computer and it worked.

Page generated in 0.02618 seconds with 8 queries