View Single Post
Old October 8, 2005, 08:50 PM   #1
40CalGuy

Remington 870 Express Problem

I took my new toy out to shoot at some clay pigeons (those bastards) today for the first time, and I experienced something that I had not counted on. The Winchester AA's (2.75",6shot, 1350fps SUPERS) would get jammed after firing, inside the chamber. I figure that this might be due to the chamber being tight, as it was the first range trip on this gun. Also, since the rounds are steel at the base, and steel having no memory, was probably expanding after being fired, and getting jammed up. It was an embarassing bitch of a situation for a first time shotgun owner, on his first trip. Everyone else was using nice over unders and semi's, and I looked like a tool. The guys at the range were nice enough to swap me a box of theirs for a box of mine, which I was more than happy to do, and those worked well (they were reloads), and I had no problems extracting them. Use a lighter load shell? Buff the inside of the chamber with some steel wool to widen it a little? Anyone got other suggestions? The gun was cheap, but I know 3 people with this exact gun, and they all tell me how much they love to shoot theirs. What gives?

Page generated in 0.02673 seconds with 8 queries