View Single Post
Old July 8, 2013, 05:45 PM   #15
dahermit

Quote:
It may need this or that. You could try this or that. I'm pretty sure it's either this or that.

It simply needs a tune up from an expert. Take it to a gunsmith that knows S&W revolvers. Give him the gun and 150 bucks or so. Get it back in better than new condition with things repaired you never new were out of spec.

Or spend twice that on tools, springs, guesswork, kitchen table smithing that was surely the reason the gun isn't working right in the first place.
The original poster was not suggesting that he was going to work on his malfunctioning gun, he was going to take it to a 'Smith (furthermore, he asked what could be causing the malfunction), and I was merely trying to understand what could be causing it. And, to get an answer to my question (How could a faulty trigger return spring cause the problem as he described it). This being a forum, it would be a whole lot more interesting if, as an answer to a question such as the O.P. posted, there would be some thoughtful information based on experience, instead of just posting the obvious, "Take it to a gunsmith".
I get the impression that some of you guys do not read very well or are not bothering to read all the posts.
An aside, it is easy to say, "...Take it to a good gunsmith...", but in many areas there are no good gunsmiths...here in Michigan (as far as I know, and have been told), there are no requirements for calling one's-self a gunsmith and hanging out a shingle. What I overheard at a gun club a few years ago sums it all: "There is only one good gunsmith around here and he is always drunk."

Page generated in 0.02763 seconds with 8 queries