View Single Post
Old May 29, 2014, 12:39 PM   #2
BarryLee

Ok, that was quick. Attorney General Sam Olens has issued a ruling today stating that HB60 and HB862 were indeed in conflict when it came to weapons in school zones. However, since HB60 was signed last he believes it is the final word on the issue. So, if you have a weapons license firearms are allowed in your car, but nowhere else on school grounds. So, I guess we’ll see if there’s any challenge to the Attorney General’s ruling.

While I carry whenever possible and support carrying in automobiles on school grounds I’m not sure carrying inside school buildings was a good idea. I know it would have never openly passed the legislature and would result in lots of negative press for our side. I also believe it might be just the issue to push those fence sitters over to the anti-gun camp.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/05...tlink_homepage
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.02348 seconds with 8 queries