View Single Post
Old June 26, 2011, 02:08 PM   #13
lee n. field

Quote:
After the cases goes all the way up it has a "hitch" or something that feels like a snag on the way down. It is not overbearing and I just apply a little more pressure and the case comes down. I was wondering if this is normal? Is that just the flaring of the case? Also the rim of the case is not as smooth after it has been run through the powder die and disk measure. It is a little "rough" around the top?
It's the way Lee powder through belling dies work. My Pro 1000 behaves exactly the same way.

The Classic Turret has (IIRC) 4 stations. You might be able to substitute someone else's belling die, and a separate charging station. Or maybe Lyman's powder through expanding die might behave better. (Might not, either. It's not real expensive to try, and covers a bunch of different cartridges.)

But, IMHO, not worth worrying about.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Page generated in 0.02778 seconds with 8 queries