Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old August 13, 2000, 04:27 PM   #12
Paul B.

Xxero. I'm sorry, but I must strongly disagree with your comment on the fast burning powders. I have fire thousands of .44 Spl. equivilant loads in .44 Magnum cases. I have used Elmer Keith's .44 Mag. practice loads since 1956, when I got my first .44 Mag. S&W 29. This load used Bullseye, and was popular for many years. I don't post loads on the web, but you and Freedomlover can E-mail me for them. I also use Unique as a mid range load for much of my shooting. Loading the slow powders such as W-296 and H-110 is a recipe for disaster. I include Alliant #2400 in that group as well. When the makers of these powders state not to go below the minum charge in the manuals, I figure that they know their product better than anyone else.
As to light charges of powders such as Bullseye blowing up guns? I think that the person who loaded the charge, more than likely double charged the case, and either did not inspect the charges prior to seating the bullet, or missed it in his inspection. JMHO based on 45 plus years of reloading, both commercially and for personal use.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.03216 seconds with 8 queries