View Single Post
Old June 9, 2008, 02:03 PM   #205
kamerer

Quote:
If I was a betting man, I would say that it has been re-blued. Nice pistol nevertheless.
Yep, as I said before, that might be re-blued. No big deal. But on Creature's theme, I'll place this bet. Swing open the cylinder, shoot us a photo of the the loading end of the cylinder. The condition of the pawls on the ejector star should tell the truth. That's a detail that's hard to hide (should be in the white - it is fit after blueing).

But carguychris may be right - I wasn't focusing on the fact it's an airweight (Doh - says so in big letters on the barrel!). The alloy doesn't take a conventional bluing job and other methods were used. That could account for it. But I wouldn't think they'd mess up the factory stamp like that...

Surviiivor1 - That is a .32 Hand Ejector, aka "pre-model 30." In 1957 it was re-named to the model 30. The s/n source I have isn't very specific about date, but yours is from a few years before that - certain features give clues - the flat latch, ramped sight, stock shape, lack of model number in the yoke cut, etc. Indicate it's a J frame from about 53 to 56.

Seb1899 - your 41 is from 1982.

Last edited by kamerer; June 9, 2008 at 04:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.03338 seconds with 8 queries