View Single Post
Old October 23, 1999, 08:05 AM   #8
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Whole lot of ifs in those scenarios, Expresso. Part of my skepticism about night lights and sights for HD is my experience with same. Had one of the Mag Lite conversions with pressure switch. It had lots of drawbacks including being a great snagger of stuff.And, the KISS principle still applies.I also cavil at the concept that technology can substitute for tactics and training.

However, it's his butt on the line. We aficionados tend to split hairs and nitpick. If he wants one, let him try it out.

BTW, I strongly urge a run through with the weapon of choice(UNLOADED, of course)in the house by every responsible adult. And, a discussion about what to do should be held at intervals with all folks over the age of reason,including non-combatants.

Also,here at Casa McC, we've a row house. With the family on the top floor, where the sleeping quarters are, any BGs can have their pick of the furnishings on the bottom floors.
That's what insurance is for.
But, any BGs setting foot on the stairs going up will be met with deadly force.

As for being greased lightning, with all due respect,here's a quote.....

" Those who have not seen War little realize the changes men have in combat. Time's pace alters, with one's own movements seemingly slowed to a snail's pace,and the simplest of actions accomplished only with great exertions".-Churchill.

After one war and 20 years in MD Prisons w/o more than minor,honorable scars,I may or may not be capable of moving like lightning, but more importantly, it looks like I moved correctly.

Have a good'un...

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries