View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Pahoo

I like it and thanks for posting.

Quote:
guns of the old west and finely crafted pieces of wood and steel, that capture and preserve the very essence of our great country's heritage...I would understand.
Personally, I like what you did as I have never had a problem making a distinction between In-Lines and SideLocks. SideLocks touch my heart. I really don't care what folks do with In-Lines but cringe at what others have done to sidelocks, in the past.

Quote:
The main reasons for cutting the barrel from 24" to 18" was the last 4 or so inches of the barrel were BADLY pitted and no rifling what so ever. It looked like the muzzle of a smooth bore musket that had been buried for a decade cutting it created a near perfect bore with a shiny new crown.
Historically, this has been a common practice especially when we used fiberglass rods without guides. When buying and older M/L, one instinctively looks deep into the bore and forgets to check muzzle and crown. ....

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.03600 seconds with 8 queries