View Single Post
Old July 15, 2010, 06:38 PM   #10
riverwalker76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H
Is there an agency/law/rule/regulation that requires a MSDS be available to consumers?
There are US Trade Laws that require a chemical that is to be sold to the public to be classified. In other words ... if I mix up a 'brew' of a special lube and want to distribute it through my business to the public ... US Trade Law requires that I have documentation of the base chemicals in the mix. Granted ... I don't have to divulge the recipe or named ingredients, but I do have to have a list of the base ingredients for EPA verification. Especially where an oil is concerned. This is for poison control and EPA reasons.

Also, there is a 'Right To Know' law that was taken into effect back in the late 80's to early 90's. It requires any person who transports, distributes, manufactures, or sells chemicals to have an MSDS on hand of the chemicals they transport or sell. Today a lot of trucking companies get around this by having their shipping manifest on hand with the driver.

Page generated in 0.03818 seconds with 8 queries