View Single Post
Old December 20, 2010, 11:13 PM   #8
David Hineline

A quick Google search turned up this.

IIRC Any judge that can here feloney cases with a min. sentance of one year can sign the form. I've actually got one form 1 approved with a Texas constable's signature on it. The Shariff in Kerr county doesn't "belive civilians should have those sort of things".

After doing a lot of research on who could sign (didn't know about the trust rout at the time) I discovered that a Texas Constable met the qualifications. The initial form came back as denied because the ATF didn't like the constable authorization. I sent the ATF a two page request for reconsideration and outlined all the reasons I belived that a Texas Constable should be ok to sign. I also sent 117 pages of supporting documentation. Had the approved form 1 in two weeks.

Remember, the CLEO sign off exists for two purposes and two purposes only. 1) to insure that the photos and fingerprints being submitted are really of the person submitting the form 1; and 2) to make sure that you are not wanted for any outstanding warents or currently under invistagation. Cercy v. Furgason effectivly took out any liability on the CLEO should you turn out bad later.

You should be able to make a case that your magistrate can adaquitly fulfull the duties of the CLEO sign off.

Good Luck, barring no success look into forming a trust and bypass the CLEO.

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 8 queries