View Single Post
Old August 13, 2013, 01:17 PM   #20
MrBorland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik
From all the input I got on this thread, it seems people are more willing to recommend a semi-automatic pistol rather than a revolver at .22LR
Couple of reasons: As .22s go, the 617 is relatively expensive. You can get a Ruger MkIII or Browning Buckmark (both excellent pistols) for much less. And you'd likely find those recommending a semi-auto actually shoot a semi-auto themselves. And my hunch is that most of them aren't nearly as proficient with a revolver.

My recommendation is for the 617 as well. Any .22 (especially a DA revolver) is an excellent platform for working on the fundamentals, and shooting well is all about the fundamentals, so no, you won't outgrow it. The 617 is not only known for it's accuracy, but it's very versatile as well - it'll shoot any .22 it's fed, and can be shot in SA or DA, the latter being tougher to master but well worth it. Learn to shoot a revolver well, and shooting a semi-auto well will come fairly easily. IME, the opposite often proves to be the more difficult path.

Page generated in 0.02908 seconds with 8 queries