View Single Post
Old September 27, 2006, 05:40 AM   #10
CDH

I definitely agree that a good holster is important, and may even be considered more important than any particular pistol you carry because a good holster will secure the weapon well in concealment, keep the pistol in a completely safe condition while holstered, but allow quick presentation if you need to draw.
Properly designed holsters completely cover the trigger guards on pistols to keep them from being accidently pulled. At least the holsters that I choose to use do.

As far as drawing safely, that's where training and practice come in so don't overlook that part of it. You want to practice a technique where you draw in such a way as to keep your finger off the trigger until the pistol is coming up to position, and also fine tune your technique for sweeping off the safety on the way up as well (if the pistol has a safety).
You will NOT be able to do that quickly nor safely unless you train and practice. You might look into a local IDPA chapter and put in some practical range time for just such practice and training. A side benefit of shooting IDPA is that others who have gone before you will be happy to give you lots of really good advice.

As far as the Glock trigger, this following link is pretty good at explaining the various types of trigger systems being used by different pistol makers today, including the Glock.
http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/w...com/xddasa.htm

Quote:
I will be receiving my C&C permit this January (God willing)
Trust me, you WILL get your CCW permit when you go through the class. I firmly believe that God didn't intend for His people to be "victims"... unless they (freely) choose to be.

Carter

Page generated in 0.03882 seconds with 8 queries