View Single Post
Old February 21, 2011, 01:16 PM   #6
RJay

Velo Dogs as Small revolvers in low power chamberings ( named after the original Velo Dog by Galand ), such as 5.5 MM, .22 Short and even the .25 ACP ( for shooting stray dogs ). If it is marked British Bull Dog then
it was made by Forehand and Wadworth, However I doubt that because Forehand never made a folding Trigger Bulldog. If it is marked New British Bulldog then it was made by the Neuman Brothers of Liege, Belgium, however I doubt that because the Neuman Revolvers had a standard trigger. Is it marked British Bull Dog or is that just what one of your buddies called it? With out knowing the markings on the top of the Barrel I would guess say it was a small personal defence revolver made in great quantities for sale in Europe and the US. If it does have the ELG markings, the Belgium guns were made by the ship load and sold for as little as $1.98 in the old catalogs of the early 1900's. These are very common and the value is low, maybe a hundred dollars to someone who collect these type items. Now, are there markings on top of the barrel and any proof marks on the cylinder? or are you going to keep it a secret With out valid and complete information only a WAG can be given.

Last edited by RJay; February 21, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.01980 seconds with 8 queries