View Single Post
Old November 25, 2006, 01:19 AM   #1
Fremmer

What Did You Learn From This Deer Season?

If you hunted deer, you either got lucky and got one, or you didn't. Either way, let us know what you learned about hunting deer this Season.

This is what I learned:

1. You have to be ready at any time to freeze, and then to take a quick off-hand shot.

2. In the morning, deer like to go where the sun is shining and the area is a little warmer. If you are in a dark, cold, and windy area, don't be surprised if you don't see any deer. Only a crazy hunter would be in such a place.

3. Good gloves make a real difference. I bought a pair on sale from Cabela's online, and my hands were a lot warmer. If you don't have a good pair, find a deal online.

4. A good broadside shot to the shoulder will put a deer down hard. You'll lose the shoulder meat, but one shoulder and the rest of the deer in-hand beats a whole deer in the bush.

5. I really need to mount my new scope, and I'm wondering whether the Leupold rain-resistant scope lens screw-on caps would help prevent fogging if someone were to say...um...sort of exhale directly on the rear lens.

Page generated in 0.02271 seconds with 8 queries