View Single Post
Old November 21, 2013, 02:15 AM   #118
leadcounsel

I have been quite interested in this unconstitutional law for a long number of years.

Quote:
The majority of people in the U.S. just don't understand how easy it is to be charged with domestic violence (my brother's experience aside), and how much simply being charged can change your life. A conviction is bad, but just being charged can be life-altering.
People just don't understand how one-sided the whole process is. The 'victim' is most often a woman who gets thousands of dollars worth of 'free' victim advocate and prosecutor services, police, and other resources to literally harass and destroy the 'perpetrator' which is most often a male.

What is worse, is that there are actual INCENTIVES to falsely report. I see it all the time in the military. Don't like your unit? Location? Job? Commander? Other Soldiers? You can get re-assigned or screw over adversaries by falsely reporting assaults. In the civilian world, there has been movement to pay 'poor' women's bills, rent, phone, utilities if they report assaults. Oh, and let's not forget custody and property. Judges tend to favor women, especially when the man is 'abusive' and 'threatening' toward her. Emotional females who can whip up some tears and lie convincingly that the jerk husband/boyfriend pointed a gun at her... well they are going to have a better chance at keeping the 1) kids, 2) house, 3) savings, 4) car and 5) a lot of other property.

And here's the best part. It requires no evidence other than an allegation. Yup. Just an allegation. "He did something..." That kicks the whole thing off. And it's just horrible.

In my profession, I have seen countless false allegations of rape and sex assault where there was clear incentive for the woman to fabricate the assault or rape (she's married and got caught, she was drinking illegally, she was caught with drugs, reputation, etc.). The ramifications are horrible and the evidence required to convict is so minimal. Oh, and there is no such thing as a fair trial. The rules are not even and totally favor the 'victim.' If you want to know more, I will share... but I could list about a dozen reasons why it's a stacked deck against the accused/defendant.

Our society is just crumbling away ...

Lautenberg is one of the most horrible laws ever written and should be so narrowly tailored and applied, if not all together stricken as unconstitutional. And it goes hand in hand with the horrible application of sex assault/rape prosecutions and the unfair divorce proceedings - this should concern EVERY man because it's nearly universally against men.

Last edited by leadcounsel; November 21, 2013 at 03:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.03359 seconds with 8 queries