View Single Post
Old August 28, 2001, 12:31 PM   #11
Cheapo

FPrice:

Seems like you are one of the somewhat lonely voices recognizing the LACK of mission-critical information in the scenario.

Unless prompted otherwise by a higher power , I find the lack of info about *other* hostiles in the area to be a very sound reason to NOT immediately engage and perhaps shoot an apparent retreating, though obviously-armed, probable felon who may or may not be the cause of the woman's screaming inside the house.

You can even make a mistake about the sound of their own wife's screaming voice.

Think this through--how many assume it's just ONE perpetrator? If the screams come from another perp's actions, what chance does your wife have after the first shot is fired and you don't even know what room she and the accomplice are in?

Intelligence, boys, we need more intelligence. Control and neutralize if the visible perp engages you, but I would hesitate to actively engage before I learn more about the screaming woman inside.

Page generated in 0.02571 seconds with 8 queries