View Single Post
Old January 5, 2006, 07:48 AM   #6
RsqVet

Capt ---

Your post is good in that you are OK and it raises the issue for all the nay sayers out there that 1911 safeties can develop issues, some claim that his never happens.

Any chance you could post a good close up pic of the safety on your gun --- thouse of us who are studetns of the 1911 in an amature sense would be really intrested in seeing it.

You might want to check out two things sold by David Lack of D+L sports --- one is a plunger tube that mounts with threaded screws, another solution to lose plunger tubes, as otehrs have mentioned you can also silver braze them on or have a slot milled in the frame to add support to the tube housing --- or get a para or caspian frame where the plunger housing is intergral to the frame.

The other thing lack sells is a fiering pin stop with a set screw to lock it in place and hence eliminate any chance of a fiering pin stop drop jam wich though I have never seen and sounds quite rare, it also sounds like it would be majorly unfun.

The CD is not a bad pistol so far as "value" preiced 1911's go, not my cup of tea but a respectable effort. Baer's guns are very nice and his product and Ed Brown's are to my mind some of the best values in limited production / custom 1911's --- all at an avarage price 500-1000 dollars better than a Wilson for the same quality from a company that does not make any MIM parts --- only forged or machined. If I ever get the desiere for an officer's size 1911 if will be a Baer stinger though I think that the Kobra carry should be small enough.

Page generated in 0.02546 seconds with 8 queries