View Single Post
Old May 11, 2005, 11:46 PM   #42
Doug.38PR

Wow, I sure set off a chain reaction of discussions with this thread.

A few thoughts came to mind listening to these various responses.

1) Police are the ones (not all but there is a a strong attitude out there among police, polititans and citizens) that think they are the only ones who are "qualified" and "safe" to own guns that if any one of us (citizens) own so much as a pocket knife we are seen as some vicious dangerous criminal. I carry a gun and went through the CHL class and all but if my coat (or yours) gets blown the wrong way in the wind and someone sees the gun, the police can seize my gun and even file charges if they so desire...and depending on how the political judge "feels" at the moment or how emotionally hyped the jury is put selected from a basically gun scared culture (not based on objective law but on feeling) I could get into trouble. But, as one other poster put it, these cops can spray a neighborhood with 120 rounds and get a slap on the wrist. Frankly, now that I have a CHL, I don't even like being treated by the law as some kind of special privliged person that has a responsibility over everyone else. (I'm told that is it is possible for someone to charge me in a law suit if I don't use my gun when they think I should have in a situation) It all creates an elitist mentality over something that is a basic human right. The right of self defense. It is a responsibilty and a right to carry a weapon, not something the state gives you or takes away from you. Personally, I think everyone old enough ought to be permitted to carry a gun without a license and carry open if they think it prudent. Some in here may think that extreme but to me it's just the basic right of self defense. Personally, it is our responsibility first and foremost to defend ourselves and neighbors not the police (especially not if they are like these guys in the video ) I'm not anti-cop or anything but they (police and polititans) shouldn't be anti-people. This video shows that police are even LESS qualified to carry a gun than any citizen they may complain of in their current state of arrogant thinking.

2) This incident makes a good case for police to switch back to revolvers. They might be a little more conservative with how many shots they fire. Or at least trained how to make ONE shot count.

Page generated in 0.03300 seconds with 8 queries