View Single Post
Old February 24, 2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Kimio

Ammo and foreign countries, legality questions.

I have a friend that wants to bring his rifle to the Philippines, problem is, he doesn't know what the laws say he can and cannot do in regards to this.

Now I'm vaguely familiar with stuff like this, but as far as I know, yes it is legal to bring certain firearms to out her countries (provided it fits with their own laws and regulations.) ammunition is to be stowed seperate from the firearm both locked and sealed. You just declare that you have such luggage at the curb so it may be checked in, and you may be called to confirm or to open said luggage by security at any given time.

You just conform to the nations policies and regulations when visiting, and only are allowed to use the firearm at locations the nation designates that you are allowed to do so.

The Phillipines from my understanding has a ban on anything above the caliber of a 9mm (how that translates to rifle rounds I'm not sure) so unless I'm misunderstanding something, this means he cannot take his hunting rifle there correct?

Someone with more know how on this would be highly appreciated to clarify this.

Page generated in 0.02856 seconds with 8 queries