View Single Post
Old October 24, 1999, 07:39 PM   #16
Rod WMG

Fred, Candidly, It seems that you not only didn't bother to read the previous thread(s), you didn't read the one in this thread with discernment.

Winchester DID NOT send me a 20 dollar certificate to send in the primers, nor did they request the remaining primers. The twenty dollar certificate was a credit toward the purchase of future Winchester products. They wanted the one primer which didn't detonate, which Ms. Quirk designated the "exhibit." That had already been discarded.

I was invited SPECIFICALLY by the reply to my original e-mail to contact Ms. Quirk by phone, which I tried to do twice and the Winchester automated system disconnected me both times. A real person was unattainable, apparently. I made three good faith attempts to contact them privately about the problem, all unsatisfactorily resolved.

Furthermore, to properly assess the situation as it really exists, Winchester would have to examine "exhibits" from the many other failures experienced by others reporting on the net and from my friends. The problem is too widespread to have been caused by my stupidity or carelessness. Thousands of Winchester primers previously used successfully by me over the years are pretty strong evidence, as well as the fact that this is the solitary occurence of this sort I've experienced with any brand of primer.

Your "facts" are faulty and led you to erroneous conclusions. Is it possible that your transferred your frustration with others' gripes onto me?

The fact that Winchester apparently "doesn't care" is precisely the reason I posted. I praise companies when they do well and I feel that I need to warn others when they don't.

Page generated in 0.04103 seconds with 8 queries