View Single Post
Old November 17, 2008, 04:24 PM   #47
JohnH1963

There are times I would draw the pistol even if I knew I were going to get arrested for doing so. Those times would be few and far between, however, and be very exceptional at that. I would much rather spend a few months in jail if I was certain that the other alternative would be myself or another suffering a devastating injury.

Your reasons for drawing either must be pretty good or pretty twisted if you dont mind spending some time in jail. However, in such quick situations, you usually dont have the time to construct a "pretty good" decision and sometimes it ends up "pretty twisted".

Therefore, situational avoidance should be practiced far more then actually using the pistol.

Back to the original scenario, why didnt you look before you got out of the car? Did these guys suddenly appear? If you saw these drunk guys before you got out of the car, why didnt you simply wait several minutes inside the safety of the vehicle until they left? These are things to consider.

When I go to a bar or a anyplace actually, I always look carefully around me before I get out of the car. If there is someone who seems a bit strange or hostile, then I stay inside the vehicle until they have put some distance between them and myself. Although the fault of aggression is on the person for attacking you, the right thing to do is make every attempt you can to avoid such encounters by being especially aware of your surroundings.

Page generated in 0.02392 seconds with 8 queries