View Single Post
Old March 6, 2007, 01:01 AM   #39
Sgt.Fathead

Goes With The Territory

The only indoor ranges we frequent have pretty good partitions so it's not much of an issue. The other day, however, I was sighting in a 10/22 I just bought my wife at Cabela's PA store and had ejection issues from another shooter. We were at a northwestern NJ Wildlife Management Area range and the fella to my left was firing Lord only knows what slugs from a Remington 11-87 12 gauge. Every time he fired, the spent shot shell casing would come three lanes over and whack me or enter my sight picture. We were the only shooters out there, it was pretty damn cold, and I waited for him to take a break and asked if he would be long, and if so, could we switch? He was very accommodating and we had continued our shoot.

I say, if you can't reach an agreement, well, that's the problem of the other shooter. It just goes with the territory. When I was in the service (cripes, here he goes again) we would often TRY to get hot brass down the back of each other's necks. Thank God the M2 .50 is bottom ejecting!

Page generated in 0.02199 seconds with 8 queries