View Single Post
Old August 22, 2014, 03:11 PM   #16
horselips

Pocket carry has a huge caveat - whatever you're carrying can't stick out or it's nor really concealed. Unless you're skinny and your pants hang loose, a J frame, which is well over a full inch thick - more like an inch and a half after you add a holster. That's REALLY THICK. If your pants pocket is anywhere near close to your thigh, forget about it. It'll PRINT, big time. You'll have to wear a coat or jacket year 'round to make it work. For pocket carry, select a weapon less than an inch thick - much less. Like a KelTec P32 or P3AT. If you insist on a revolver, and I do, pack a .22 WMR NAA Mini revolver. Super small and super light, and with modern ammo, crafted specifically for these guns, made by Winchester, Hornady, Federal and others, you can count on thousand feet per second velocity, amazing penetration, and assured dramatic expansion. It ain't your father's .22 Mag anymore. Times, and ammo, have changed. Nowadays, almost every caliber is effective for SD.

I've carried a NAA Mini Revolver for 25 years. It has never printed, or caused an unintentional display, no matter whether I'm sitting, kneeling, stretching, whatever. And because of it's size and weight, it never, ever gets left at home. Rule One - Have a gun. If anything in your wardrobe has ever caused you to leave your carry gun home, you bought the wrong gun.

Page generated in 0.02359 seconds with 8 queries