View Single Post
Old August 4, 2008, 09:13 AM   #13
mikenbarb

I have bought and sold alot of items here on TFL and always make sure the person has a great reputation first. I made the mistake of starting to purchase a long gun from a new member here a few months ago and almost got taken bigtime! It was listed as something it wasnt and a totaly different model than was being sold as. But that was only 1 bad experience from here and if the member has a good feedback with references then I would trust them. Trust is hard to come by nowadays and alot of internet fraud is out there but if you follow some common sense precautions you should be ok. I buy almost all of my guns from a local store because I like to see what im getting and alot can be hidden in pictures. And like I said, I almost bought a gun online and got the shaft. It was a learning experence for me and would never again try to buy a gun online unless it was from a well known reputable person that can be trusted. As far as trust goes here, Alot of TFL members are great people and I would trust them if I knew them but there are alot of new members here to just look around that theres not too much info on and thats what would raise a flag with me. With members I know well, I have gone as far as to send items out and tell them that if they didnt like it, just send it back to me trusting that they will. I have never gotten or given a bad deal here but I know who I would or wouldnt deal with and the terms of the item being bought or sold. I always get an address and phone number and contact the person if its a big dollar sale and its nice to have just in case. Always verify the info you are given to be sure its correct and not a scam. If you cant verify info, Run the other way and dont look back. Good luck, Mike

Page generated in 0.03579 seconds with 8 queries