View Single Post
Old July 24, 2010, 09:40 AM   #7
bfskinnerpunk

Kraig,

Thanks for that.

Right now, I am attempting to build a basic arsenal with full awareness that I am a novice at actually using this stuff. I make no pretense of knowing-what-I'm-doing. I know that is positively annoying to you experts!

There are enough people who love the AR (and AK), that I feel pretty good that I am ok with either rifle design based on that alone. One of my biggest criteria is that I want common equipment....which is why I prefer Glocks, too. I want something that everyone else has... so parts will be there...and so that I can easily use another person's weapon without a big learning curve.

I was in the Army (artillery), but all of my time was spent with an M-60.... in the 80's. I can just barely remember how to do a basic takedown of the M-16...er... AR.

My eyes are no longer perfect...the scope is something I like, but as far as I'm concerned, it is just a thing. I'm the kind of guy that likes high quality-but-primitive equipment.

I am in the acquisition phase right now. My skill set is delayed. The reason I am buying stuff now is that the future is unclear. I'm not a paranoid, but as I get older, I am realizing that my luxurious, safe life is not guaranteed. History is inherently unstable.

Rushing out to acquire proper equipment at the moment things get dicey (if it ever happens) is a bad idea.

I have been through a few hurricanes, and it is AMAZING how quickly and efficiently the public can empty a grocery store....and how prices for things doubles and doubles again.

So, this cash-dump is a little risky. These weapons could end up being nothing more than a hassle taking up space in my house! But at the moment, I'm acquiring some "tools" that might end up serving me well one day.

Oh, the other "feature" of this stuff is that I have bought it all "off the books"...which is kind of cool. (of course, I'm being very public in this forum!)

BF

Page generated in 0.03345 seconds with 8 queries