View Single Post
Old June 14, 2010, 12:56 AM   #3
Mosin44az

I owned my Px4 .40 for a bit over a year. It is an excellent gun, mine was 100% reliable, accurate, recoil is very mild, maybe the mildest of all the polymer .40s. Beretta also gives you THREE mags with the gun which is really nice of them. I also think the workmanship and apparent quality are higher than most of the competition.

That said, the trigger reach with even the smallest backstrap was too much for me, the initial DA shot always hit right even after much effort and practice. Too big for my hand.

I got one with the F model, with the safety, found it very annoying to have to decock and then push the safety up when practicing DA pulls. The decocker-only version would have been better, I think it's the G model.

I can recommend it, but MAKE SURE your trigger finger easily reaches the DA trigger without stretching, and that you can pull the DA trigger straight back.

Looking at the alternatives mentioned above, I would say reliability and apparent quality is higher than the P250 ( I have one in 9mm, it's finicky, and has a plasticky feel), recoil is better than the Glock 23 and also the Smith M & P (the grip tang digs in badly with hot loads), and the price and thus value is MUCH better than the HKs. Right now I have an XD 40 which is fine and has a trigger I can shoot well, but I would not say it is a higher quality piece than the Px4.

Last edited by Mosin44az; June 14, 2010 at 01:05 AM.

Page generated in 0.02205 seconds with 8 queries