View Single Post
Old September 30, 2009, 07:36 PM   #16
jammin1237

not quite sure what totally makes them tick just yet...i just try to use whatever their senses perceive as being "normal" and non threatening...here is a couple of observations i have seen over the years...

1 -- up in the north woods of Wisconsin there is a lot of logging activity in certain areas during the non frozen tundra season, the deer will hover around these areas to feed on the buds and or fallen seeds of freshly cut trees, its an easy meal... a running chain saw can actually bring deer into an area rather than scare them away, its almost like a dinner bell...

2 -- i have seen more deer within 50 yards of me while i was smoking a Marlboro light cigarette than any of the other times i was hunting(crap, i dont smoke anymore)...whats up with that? maybe them lumber jack dudes are smokin the marlboro while workin

3 -- use squirrel or bird call noises -- turkey, crow, grouse, dove, duck, and or whatever simulates the sound of undisturbed nature in your neck of the woods...

4 -- relax and wait for it... i swear they can sense what you are there for...

if it takes your dirty clothes to get them used to your smell without them feeling threatened? that could easily work... they will check it out at night(75% of deer are nocturnal, the other 25% end up in your freezer)...at least they wont freak out if they smell you during the day...

Page generated in 0.02946 seconds with 8 queries