View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013, 12:17 AM   #1
44smith

Need help deciding a press

I need advice. I'm going to get into reloading.
I've been trying to figure out what press to get. Manufacturer and model. Money is a factor, but I would like to
get a good quality press at the best price. I've read a lot on the forums and kind of got it down to a few.
I'll be reloading rifle and revolver ammo.

These are some I've looked at and have questions about:

The Lee presses are;
Lee Classic 4 hole turret press - Like the idea of setting up my dies and not having to reset them everytime I
want to use them again. And the way the primers are dispatched when depriming. Also, it seems to be a little
faster than a single stage, by watching videos.
Does the aluminum turrets wear out or break very fast?
Does this turret press make as good quality of reloads as the single stages?
But, not sure of the quality, and it only has a 2 year warranty.

Lee Classic Breech Lock single stage. I like the way it is easy to change dies, and again not having to reset the
dies the next time used. Not sure how well the breech lock works, if it is sturdy or if the dies can work loose while
loading like I've heard that Hornady dies do on there press sometimes. And can dies from other manufacturers
be used in the breech lock system.
I don't like the primer catch system as well as the one that goes down the middle of the shaft. Why did they
change that? Maybe the other one had problems I haven't heard about. 2 year warranty.

Lee Classic Cast single stage. Looks like about the same as RCBS Rockchucker, but don't know if it is as good. I
like the depriming catch system on it. But, You have to reset dies everytime.

RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme. Ive heard it's a good press. Have to readjust dies every time used. More money
than Lee. Like the lifetime warranty.

RCBS Turret Press. Like the idea of not having to reset dies. But, more money.

I'm not sure if resetting the dies is that much of a big deal but it seems like if you have your dies set to what youwant why mess up the settings. And it would be more wear on the dies.

I really appreciate your help.
Thank you,

Page generated in 0.03244 seconds with 8 queries