View Single Post
Old March 8, 2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Gaerek

As I said, I don't care what your party affiliation is.

Just don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

If you voted for the current president, for any reason whatsoever, you are not a friend of the RKBA movement. You might say, "Well, guns aren't my most important issue." That's fine, but you still voted for the most anti-gun president in history. Look at his state legislature voting record. Look at his Senate voting record. Look at things he said in college, and as a law professor. One gem, "I don't believe that people should be able to own guns." really sums up his beliefs on the issue.

Those that said he wouldn't use a second term to go after guns? Well, you were absolutely right. He started it during his first term!

If guns aren't your #1 issue...that's fine with me. I'm happy we all have the right to believe what we want, and vote on the issues that are important to us. But if your vote goes to take away gun rights, you are no friend of the 2nd Amendment, and RKBA.

For instance, I know 2 or 3 Dems who voted for Romney, based solely on the gun issue. They saw the writing on the wall. They felt like they voted for the devil, but they realized they'd rather vote for the devil and still be able to have the RKBA, than have someone more in line with them ideologically, but lose what could pretty easily be argued as one of the, or even the most important part of the Constitution.

Again, bottom line, your party affiliation means nothing to me. How you vote, and how those votes end up affecting RKBA means everything.

Page generated in 0.02406 seconds with 8 queries