View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 12:20 AM   #3
war_elephant

I am a retired LEO who has dealt with firearms and NJ for 28 years, now work in a gun shop (more fun ) The NJSP is correct. You dont need to get a FID but... you cannot buy ammo for the handgun without a FID, so I would apply for one. You can only take the handgun directly to the range to shoot, and then directly home when you are done. Dont make any other stops with the gun in your vehicle. ** IMPORTANT** keep the ammo in a bag seperate from the handgun. It is illegal in NJ to have the handgun and ammo together in a vehicle. Make sure you keep a copy of the paperwork from when you bought the handgun with you when you are at the range. Some NJ police are now confiscating handguns until you can PROVE that you legally own them, ergo the paperwork from when you bought it. While you can own hollowpoints, and take them to the range following the rules above, I would recommend that you stay away from them in NJ. And most improtantly, when your enlistment is done, get the He** out of NJ as fast as you can. I will help with any other questions as best as I can.

Page generated in 0.02987 seconds with 8 queries