View Single Post
Old March 14, 2014, 11:06 PM   #2
GWS

My blinged once shot LC 2013 7.62 brass! The first Whoa with my project came when I couldn't resize it at all with either press!....Even using both hands on the press handles! (and this wasn't my first trip around LC brass)

I was using Imperial Wax like I always do, but the friction was just too great....I almost stuck a case.

So I added a little more Imperial......even used a q-tip inside the neck ....and it was worse!!! Wow I had no idea too much bling would do that.

Next step was to clean the die of Imperial. No, there was no wax buildup before My sizing attempts....the die was just cleaned before this project started. I decided to get out my RCBS Lube Pad and try that. (Using the bristle brush inside the necks) That was more like it.....a little firm but not like almost separating the base from the rest of the brass. I've used Imperial for years and never had that happen.

So using this method and experimenting with the lubing method inside the neck, I found I got the least friction, pulling the expander out, by dipping the necks in dry Mica after the lube brush. Surprise #3! Anyway, that's the method I was using when I tested Runout on the brass. Didn't bother with the couple I barely managed to pull out of the die using Imperial. Next week I will try lanolin spray lube to see if that betters the Lube pad/Mica method. I'll be back.
(Uncle Nick, before I try the new lube, I will try sizing twice then three times without turning the cases...so we know.)

Last edited by GWS; March 15, 2014 at 11:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.02090 seconds with 8 queries