View Single Post
Old July 9, 2008, 03:11 PM   #17
6kilo

I cut one of these down a number of years ago, only tools I had was hacksaw, hand drill, and files. It worked out just fine. I measured the distance I wanted to cut off the barrel and took my hacksaw and whacked it off, then measured where the rammer cantch would have to be and cut a dovetail with hacksaw and files and installed the catch, then took the rammer and uninstalled the springloaded catch and drilled the rammer out deeper so the catch rod and spring wood go back far enough then I cut the rammer end off to match the new position of the mortised solid catch and then formed up the end to except the catch and rod and retaining pin. Took a little fitting but it finally came together and worked just as good as new, next I filed the barrel end off square and used a counter sink to put the muzzle crown on. It was of course much harder to load after this now having a shorter load rammer but it shot just as accurately as it did with the eight in tube on it and was much funner to carry. Wound up giving it to my son some years later, he still has it.

Page generated in 0.04669 seconds with 8 queries